Woven Together Design Contest
Calling all Filipino creatives!
Like you and everyone in the world, we are going through challenges and struggles. But in the midst of this pandemic, we have continued to imagine and create together with talented Filipino artisans. They are our partners in growth and the inspiration behind our social enterprise.
We’re sure you have many ideas in your head and you would like to see them come to life. And that’s what we’re here for! In fact, that is what #WovenTogether is all about - connecting Filipino artisans with artists around the world to produce new and uplifting creations.
Because we’ve come to discover that, like the dried blades of grass used for a banig mat, ideas grow stronger when they are woven together.
We hope you can craft with us!
Poster created by Meg Sialana
- Design pattern dimensions must be 12.5 (width) x 9.25 (height) inches
- Download templates at https://bit.ly/WovenTogetherTemplates to see what the banig weave looks like up close. But you are free to draw and create using any medium (paper and pencil, markers, Photoshop, or Illustrator).
- If you are comfortable using Adobe Illustrator, we can also send you an ai file of the template. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide the complete name, age, email, country of residence, Instagram username, and submit the original file of the design in PNG or JPEG format at https://bit.ly/WovenTogetherPH
- Post your art on Instagram (must be a public account), and don't forget to write a caption about the inspiration behind it and include #WovenTogetherPH
- Plus points on creativity for Instagram photo entries with exceptional art. Take Woven with you by capturing a photo that shows a glimpse at your location then add your own design of laptop sleeve to it.
- Follow and tag @woven.ph on the posted entry
*EDIT: GOOD NEWS! The deadline has been extended to October 25, 2021. Winners will be announced on October 31, 2021*
|1st Runner-Up||Php 7,500|
|2nd Runner-Up||Php 5,000|
All winners will have their designs made into banig laptop sleeves for their own personal use. The top design will be part of our roster of Woven products.
If you want to see sample patterns that we have designed together with our Filipino artisans, visit our Abre Collection at https://woven.ph/collections/the-abre-collection.
Let your work of art bring you closer to your roots. Breathe new life to Filipino handicrafts and unleash your creativity in designing your own banig. We can't wait to see what you come up with, and we look forward to new and uplifting creations!
If you have questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com.